When: Friday, October 27, 2017 from 10AM-4PM
Description (ACT Team Leaders and Substance Use Specialists Only):
This yearlong training seeks to enhance and strengthen substance use specialists (SUS) in the implementation of dual recovery treatment on ACT teams. Training is targeted to SUS new to the ACT model as well as those who currently are working on an ACT team. The training uses a blended learning curriculum consisting of face-to-face and online meetings geared toward skill building, problem solving and collaboration. Upon completion of the training SUS/IDDT Specialists will be able to earn Social Work, CASAC, or LMHC continuing education credits.
Learning Objectives are:
- SUS will be able to describe their role on the ACT Team.
- SUS will understand and apply harm reduction principles.
- SUS will demonstrate how to screen and assess for dual diagnosis/co-occurring challenges.
- SUS will identify and interpret a consumer's stage of change and provide appropriate stage-based treatment.
- SUS will demonstrate basic Motivational Interviewing skills.
To register for the yearlong ACT: Substance Use Specialist Training curriculum, click here.