2018 ACT Symposium—Together We Can ACT!
When: October 18th-19th, 2018
Location: Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa
1195 Arrowhead Rd Ellenville, NY 12428
Join your colleagues from ACT Teams across the state! Systems are transforming with a focus on integrated care. Together we can share and learn best practices and discuss what this transformation means for ACT teams. This symposium will explore ACT as an evidence-based model; its core practices, operations and structure; ACT team dynamics, and much more.
All ACT providers in NYS, including team members, quality assurance staff, finance departments, and administrators are invited to join us.
The symposium will also provide a platform where teams can exchange ideas and learn from each other. Workshops will help teams in strengthening their daily practice, including specialist roles. We will also have an opportunity to network while having some fun in the evening. Continuing Education Credits* will be available.
ACT Symposium Goals
- Participants will learn about the 8 roles of ACT Teams based on the TMACT fidelity and the Standard of Care.
- Participants will increase skills in the areas of outreach, engagement, motivation, and transition.
- Participants will gain deeper understanding of the 3 dimensions of ACT transitioning: engaging consumers, managing wellness, and integration in the community.
- Participants will gain information about trauma-informed care practices and multicultural awareness.
To register for the ACT Symposium 2018:
- Please register for one or both (daylong) sessions of the Symposium. Note that you must complete a daylong session in order to earn Continuing Education Credits* for that day. New staff members must register themselves within the Center for Practice Innovations' Learning Community in order to sign up for training. Team Leaders should forward the self-registration link and instructions they received to all staff requiring training. The link you received is unique to your team and will need to be used to register new hires for ACT training. Please keep this information accessible, so you are able to continuously register any new staff. If you are returning, please CLICK HERE TO REGISTER by no later than September 15th, 2018.
- Click here for info about Hotel Reservations/Commuting and click here to view the Symposium Program.
- For questions about
*Continuing Education Credit is pending